Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
Degree Programme in Social Services
ENTRANCE EXAM 2010
Exam literature consists of three articles and one report, which are typical examples of material used while studying in the Degree Programme in Social Services.
1) Juha Hämäläinen: Developing social pedagogy as an academic discipline (pages 133-153). In: Anders Gustavsson & Hans-Erik Hermansson & Juha Hämäläinen (eds.): Perspectives and Theory in Social Pedagogy. Daidalos, Göteborg 2004.
2) Articles in Infed-website (Exploring Informal Education, Lifelong Learning, and Social Action):
• Introducing Informal Education (www.infed.org/i-intro.htm)
• Animation (www.infed.org/animate/b-animat.htm)
3) Huset Mandat Morgen: What lies ahead for the Nordic model? A discussion paper on the future of the Nordic welfare model in a global competition economy. Nordic Council of Ministers, Copenhagen 2007.
The written part of the entrance exam includes multiple choice and essay questions. The aim is to assess the capacity of the applicant to understand the contents of the exam material and to produce coherent, logical answers in English language. Therefore no specific questions e.g. on dates, figures or names of books or authors are posed unless they are clearly essential to the article or the report.